East Anglia: Holidays firm Hoseasons names Simon Altham as managing director
- Credit: Archant
SUFFOLK-based holidays firm Hoseasons has appointed Simon Altham as its new managing director.
Mr Altham, who has been with the firm in a variety of roles for the last eight years, will run the Hoseasons business based in Lowestoft, with his new responsibilities including overseeing the ongoing growth of the company’s UK portfolio, travel trade relationships, contact centre operations and new product development.
The new appointment follows the decision by the current managing director, Pali Badwal, to take a new role as managing director for RCI India, part of the wider Wyndham Worldwide group which bought Hoseasons in 2010.
Last year, Hoseasons launched a £1m national advertising campaign for the 2013 season, focusing on Norfolk and Waveney, as part of a drive to celebrate the best of what the county can offer holidaymakers.
“This is a great opportunity and there is still enormous potential,” Mr Altham said. “Since I joined the company we’ve been through a lot of change, from the rebirth of UK holidays to becoming part of a global leisure business.”
He added: “Throughout this the Hoseasons brand has grown and developed and has remained one of the best recognised UK holiday businesses in the travel trade and amongst consumers.”
Geoff Cowley, managing director of the Hoseasons Group, said: “I’m delighted to have appointed Simon to the role, as I know he has the specific expertise, owner relationships and industry experience to help the business grow and provide consumers with great UK holidays.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 6 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 7 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 9 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 10 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
“I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank Pali for his hard work and efforts. He’s been instrumental in the development of the business over the last few years, and it’s an exciting development for him and his family.”
The Hoseasons Group brands include Hoseasons, Cottages4you, James Villa Holidays and English Country Cottages.
In its most recent results, Hoseasons, which employs more than 460 staff and has its Lowestoft based at Sunway House in Rgland Street, announced sales of £46.5million with pre-tax profits of £2.7m.