East Anglia: Hopkins Homes start-up contest gains support
- Credit: Archant
TWO East Anglian firms have pledged their support to a contest aimed at encouraging start-up businesses.
Law firm Birketts LLP and Ensors Chartered Accountants have signed up to the Hopkins Homes Young Entrepreneur of the Year competition.
James Hopkins of Hopkins Homes will donate £150 of seed funding to 10 start-up companies from University Campus Suffolk.
Each company then pledges to make the most money via its entrepreneurial activity and donate the first £1000 of its profits to Ipswich-based charity Lighthouse Women’s Aid.
Marketing professional Emma Pratt has also offered her support and will be providing the student companies with advice and mentoring in the form of marketing and business development workshops.
You may also want to watch:
Birketts and Ensors are the latest businesses to get involved in the initiative and have agreed to bring expert legal and financial advice to the start- ups.
Birketts partner Mark Gipson said: “We are very excited about becoming involved with this project and cannot wait to see what kind of business ideas the students come up with.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
Would-be sponsors or competitors wanting more information on the contest should contact Jo Cresdee at Lighthouse Women’s Aid (firstname.lastname@example.org).