East Anglia: Hughes rebrands trade electricals division at TED
EAST Anglia-based electricals retailer Hughes has rebranded its trade division as TED – Trade Electricals Direct.
Lowestoft-based Hughes said the move followed its acquisition earlier this year of rival Bennetts, which also had a successful division aimed at business customers.
The two trade divisions have now been merged, with TED represented at seven branches, including the Euro Park store in Ipswich and others in Colchester, Chelmsford, Norwich, King’s Lynn, Peterborough and Birmingham.
The combined trade operation will have annual sales of more than �10million, supplying customers such as small independent retailers, builders, care homes, schools, local authorities and universities.
Justin Chapman, who heads the Ipswich branch, said: “These are exciting times and we are looking to develop TED into a true national brand and are delighted we have a major base in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
“Our goal is to become the leading supplier of major domestic appliances and audio visual products to trade customers. We aim to build long term relationships with customers rather than go for a one off sale – a sort of personal shopper for businesses.”
He added: “We will of course continue the Hughes ethos that customer service will always be our number one priority.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
“Our size means we can buy in bulk and pass savings on to customers who are welcome to call into our branches or we have access to our group’s fleet of 150 commercial vehicles if delivery is required.”