East Anglia: More top names lined up for EEEGR’s SNS2014 conference and exhibition
- Credit: Archant
More top names have been lined up for the most significant conference and exhibition focused on the Southern North Sea energy sector to be held in East Anglia this year.
Shell, EDF Energy Schlumberger, East Anglia Offshore Wind and Aker Solutions are now among companies which will feature at the two-day SNS2014: Sea of Opportunity event, to be staged by EEEGR (the East of England Energy Group) at the Norfolk Showground on March 5 and 6, with around 500 delegates and more than 80 exhibitors expected to take part.
“The focus is not just on the incredible range of business opportunities and the market potential within the East of England but the innovation and technology which will give us the competitive edge in a fiercely combative industry,” said EEEGR chief executive Simon Gray.
“There are increasing signs of expansion and development in our region’s energy world in readiness for growth in the offshore wind, gas and nuclear sectors and the conference will offer crucial leads and key pointers on how to win that new business. It also offers ample opportunities to meet and network with leading players in the industry. “
Energy Minister Michael Fallon is already confirmed as a keynote speaker on the second day which includes Japp Klein, of Shell, and Gordan Ballard, of Schlumberger, talking about supply chain opportunities, and Chris Squire of EDF Energy on the use of local quays and outflows.
The first day, focused mainly on technology and innovation, includes Jason Martin of East Anglia Offshore Wind - developers of the 7200MW windfarm off the Norfolk/Suffolk coast, and a speaker from Aker on its pioneering plans for monitoring new technology.
There are also plans for a skills and education event earlier in the busy opening day which is capped with a reception and gala dinner in the evening.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 7 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 8 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 9 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 10 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
SNS2014 is supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). For further details or to book visit www.eeegr.com/events/sns2014-the-sea-of-opportunity-1141.html .