East Anglia: More trains to the seaside in new timetable
EXTRA trains to a number of seaside destinations and additional stops by a some commuter services at Stratford have been announced by regional train company National Express East Anglia (NXEA).
The operator’s new summer timetable, which comes into effect tomorrow, includes additional Sunday services between Ipswich and Felixstowe and Norwich and Sheringham.
There will also be extra direct Saturday services between London Liverpool Street and Great Yarmouth and more Saturday services between Norwich and Great Yarmouth.
There are additional stops at Stratford on some Braintree, Clacton-on-Sea and Harwich International services and an extra late-evening service from London to Clacton departing at 23.18 on weekdays.
And there will also be an addition Sunday service in each direction between Ipswich and Peterborough
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Goodrum, customer service director for NXEA, said: “We’re pleased to be running extra trains to seaside resorts such as Felixstowe, Great Yarmouth and Sheringham this summer as well as providing additional stops at Stratford on some important commuter services.
“We have also listened to the feedback we receive from our customers in making a number of minor changes to the existing timetable.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Due to the number of minor changes in the new timetable, NXEA advises all travellers to check their journey times at www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com or by calling National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950.