East Anglia: More trains to the seaside in new timetable
EXTRA trains to a number of seaside destinations and additional stops by a some commuter services at Stratford have been announced by regional train company National Express East Anglia (NXEA).
The operator’s new summer timetable, which comes into effect tomorrow, includes additional Sunday services between Ipswich and Felixstowe and Norwich and Sheringham.
There will also be extra direct Saturday services between London Liverpool Street and Great Yarmouth and more Saturday services between Norwich and Great Yarmouth.
There are additional stops at Stratford on some Braintree, Clacton-on-Sea and Harwich International services and an extra late-evening service from London to Clacton departing at 23.18 on weekdays.
And there will also be an addition Sunday service in each direction between Ipswich and Peterborough
Andrew Goodrum, customer service director for NXEA, said: “We’re pleased to be running extra trains to seaside resorts such as Felixstowe, Great Yarmouth and Sheringham this summer as well as providing additional stops at Stratford on some important commuter services.
“We have also listened to the feedback we receive from our customers in making a number of minor changes to the existing timetable.”
- 1 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 2 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 3 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 5 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman from west Suffolk found safe
- 7 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 8 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Woman in her 70s dies after serious crash in Hadleigh
Due to the number of minor changes in the new timetable, NXEA advises all travellers to check their journey times at www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com or by calling National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950.