East Anglia: My Business FD backs start-ups in palace pitch to Creative Angel investors
- Credit: Archant
CHRIS Chapman, joint managing director of East Anglia-based advice firm My Business FD, was among those helping a group of dynamic start-up businesses to plan their pitches to a gathering of private investors hosted by HRH the Duke of York at Buckingham Palace.
The event was organised by business guru Doug Richard’s School for Creative Startups Angel Society, which gives member investors first look at a pool of high-potential young businesses.
My Business FD’s team of experienced part-time finance directors helped the selected entrepreneurs plan their financial strategies and presentations in the month leading up to the event.
Tim Jakob, Julia Throop and Robert Murphy from the My Business FD team also attended the event to stand alongside the entrepreneurs, supporting them with their presentations and giving confidence to investors that funding would be used and managed properly.
For the investors, the scheme provides a pool of investment-ready creative businesses, with society members eligible for up to 78% of tax relief for investments of up to £100,000 under the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Chapman said one of the businesses involved in the first “pitch” event had secured investment on the night and another had been involved in further discussions since.
He said: “We enjoy working with entrepreneurs like these and gain tremendous satisfaction from helping their businesses succeed.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
“Doug recognised that businesses that work with an experienced finance director tend to outperform businesses that don’t, a view that is supported by our own recent research with SMEs, bankers and investors.”
Doug Richard added: “We’re really pleased that My Business FD are taking such an active role and giving these young entrepreneurs the benefit of their vast experience. This will contribute to the continued success of Britain’s creative industries by giving fledgling start-ups the opportunity to find essential angel investment.
“My Business FD’s part time offering is perfect for early stage and ambitious SMEs who are determined to grow their way through today’s tough economic conditions, both in this sector and right across the UK landscape.”