East Anglia: New Anglia Business Roadshows helping firms to access grant schemes
- Credit: Archant
Business which have attended the first of 50 New Anglia Business Roadshows across Suffolk and Norfolk are already on the way to benefiting from funding to help them invest and grow their companies.
Five roadshows held in Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft, Fakenham, Downham Market and Haverhill saw 40% of the businesses attending applying for a range of grants worth up to £500,000, with most wanting to expand and employ more staff.
The latest roadshow is taking place in Sudbury today with the next to follow in Watton tomorrow and Beccles on Thursday.
The roadshows, which are jointly organised by the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and business improvement company Business Shaper Group aim to help local businesses understand and access business support including advice, training and funding.
The events which run until November this year aim to connect more than 1,000 businesses across the New Anglia LEP region.
Jason Middleton, business growth manager at New Anglia LEP, said: “The roadshows are a fantastic opportunity to show local businesses, who want to invest and grow, that there is money out there for them. There’s advice and expertise on hand to help them access the funds and support they might need.
“I would encourage as many businesses as possible to sign up for one of these events.”
- 1 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 6 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 7 NHS 'wargames' collapse of West Suffolk Hospital building
- 8 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 9 Huge country home with no near neighbours up for sale for £1.45m
- 10 Police release CCTV images after man suffers broken nose in attack
The roadshows are also sponsored by Swinton Accountants, Norfolk Training Services (NTS) and Ultimate Finance Group. James Mason of NTS said: “We’ve been very pleased with the contacts that we have made since working with the roadshow. Many businesses know little of the funding opportunities that exist and we have been able to inform and develop opportunities.”
For more information on the New Anglia Business Roadshows and where they will be held, go to www.business-roadshow.co.uk ,