East Anglia: New Anglia Business Roadshows helping firms to access grant schemes
- Credit: Archant
Business which have attended the first of 50 New Anglia Business Roadshows across Suffolk and Norfolk are already on the way to benefiting from funding to help them invest and grow their companies.
Five roadshows held in Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft, Fakenham, Downham Market and Haverhill saw 40% of the businesses attending applying for a range of grants worth up to £500,000, with most wanting to expand and employ more staff.
The latest roadshow is taking place in Sudbury today with the next to follow in Watton tomorrow and Beccles on Thursday.
The roadshows, which are jointly organised by the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and business improvement company Business Shaper Group aim to help local businesses understand and access business support including advice, training and funding.
The events which run until November this year aim to connect more than 1,000 businesses across the New Anglia LEP region.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Middleton, business growth manager at New Anglia LEP, said: “The roadshows are a fantastic opportunity to show local businesses, who want to invest and grow, that there is money out there for them. There’s advice and expertise on hand to help them access the funds and support they might need.
“I would encourage as many businesses as possible to sign up for one of these events.”
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
The roadshows are also sponsored by Swinton Accountants, Norfolk Training Services (NTS) and Ultimate Finance Group. James Mason of NTS said: “We’ve been very pleased with the contacts that we have made since working with the roadshow. Many businesses know little of the funding opportunities that exist and we have been able to inform and develop opportunities.”
For more information on the New Anglia Business Roadshows and where they will be held, go to www.business-roadshow.co.uk ,