East Anglia: New Anglia LEP roadshows generate £1.6m of grant applications
- Credit: Archant
Grant applications potentially worth £1.6million have been sumbitted following a series of Business Roadshow events staged for the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
More than 270 companies attended the events, which were held in 23 towns around Suffolk and Norfolk to promote grant opportunties and other forms of business support.
The sums applied for range from £2,000 up to £500,000.
The Business Roadshow 2014 events, which were organised by the Business Shaper Group, aimed to help local businesses understand and access business support including advice, training and funding.
A second and final leg of the roadshows runs from September until November this year and will visit 27 towns in Suffolk and Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Middleton, business growth manager at New Anglia LEP, said: “We’re delighted that companies which have visited the roadshows are applying for more than £1.6 million of funding.
“These events are a fantastic opportunity for local firms who want to invest and grow, to meet the roadshow team face-to-face and learn about the free advice, expertise and funding available. I would encourage as many businesses as possible to register and come along.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
For more information and to register for a Business Roadshow, visit www.business-roadshow.co.uk . For more information on New Anglia LEP’s Growing Business Fund and how it could help you’re your business visit www.newanglia.co.uk/growing-business-fund.