East Anglia: Richard Jewson to remain in post as Archant chairman into the New Year
- Credit: Archant
Media group Archant, whose newspaper titles include the EADT, has announced that its retiring chairman, Richard Jewson, is to remain in the role into the New Year.
Chairman-designate Richard Wyatt, who was to have taken on the role from January 1, has resigned from the company board for medical reasons and Mr Jewson will now continue in post until a new chairman is appointed by the Archant board.
Mr Jewson said: “Richard has notified the board that due to a medical condition he will now not be able to commit sufficient time and energy to the role of chairman and can consequently no longer take up the position.
“ Richard is also reducing his overall work commitments and has resigned as a non-executive director of Archant.
“Clearly this is disappointing and unwelcome news both for Richard and Archant. We wish him well and thank him for his significant contribution whilst on the board.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jewson added: “The board has considered its next steps and has decided to appoint an external chairman, the process for which has already begun. In the meantime, at the request of the board, I have agreed to remain as chairman.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash