East Anglia: Rural honour for Birketts in Global Law Experts Awards
EAST Anglia law firm Birketts LLP has been recognised for its expertise in equestrian and agricultural law in the annual Global Law Experts (GLE) Awards.
Birketts, which has offices in Ipswich, Chelmsford, Cambridge and Norwich, was named Agriculture and Rural Affairs Law Firm of the Year in the awards, which are based on the results of questionnaire responses from business leaders, followed by analysis of shortlisted firms’ people, client base and case history.
The agriculture and equine team at Birketts advises both UK and international clients on all aspects of UK legislation affecting rural real estate investment, planning issues, tax advice, investment in equestrian and rural estate, rights of way and environmental liabilities.
Birketts partner James Harbottle, who heads the agriculture and equine team, said: “Agriculture remains one of the world’s key industries in view of the relentless growth of the global population and the related environmental concerns that arise as a result.
“The team here already has a national reputation for our agricultural and equestrian work. To have been recognised by GLE, which is a trusted and premier guide to the profession both here and overseas is a fantastic achievement.”
You may also want to watch:
GLE is a recommendation and reference source which profiles the leading partners and law firms across key practice areas in over 110 countries.
Birketts’ team, and its members, hold a number of agriculture and rural affairs sector memberships including the Country Land and Business Association, the Arab British Chamber of Commerce, the Historic Houses Association, the Suffolk Agricultural Association, Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association and the Agricultural Law Association.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
Mr Harbottle added: “Our agriculture and equine team provides a comprehensive range of legal services to both private families and institutional investors based in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
“Our clients include banks, investment trusts and charities including leading university colleges who have longstanding links to the English countryside.
“We understand that all our clients require the highest technical standards of advice but with an additional emotional and commercial empathy for the sector in which they operate.”