East Anglia: Saffron Building Society names Jon Hall as chief executive
SAFFRON Building Society yesterday named Jon Hall as its new chief executive.
Mr Hall, who was previously the society’s finance director, steps up to replace Andy Golding, who resigned earlier this month after five years as chief executive in order to take up the same position at One Savings Bank.
Saffron Chairman, Peter Harrison said: “I am delighted that we have been able to recruit our new chief executive from within the business.
“He will be taking over the role with immediate effect and continue the progress Saffron has achieved in recent years. There will be an orderly handover from Andy between now and the year end,” he added.
Mr Hall has more than 20 years of professional accounting experience, having qualified as a chartered accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers, for which he worked in both the UK and Bermuda .
You may also want to watch:
He has15 years’ experience in financial services, including a number of senior management positions at Norwich Union (now Aviva) and the role of group financial controller at Central Trust plc
Mr Hall joined Saffron as finance director in August 2004 and during his time with the society he has also been involved in new product development.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
He said yesterday: “I am very much looking forward to the new role and responsibilities and continuing to work with the board on the society’s member strategy.”
Away from work, Mr Hall, who is married, with one daughter, is a keen triathlete and completed the London Triathlon 2010.
Saffron Building Society is based in Saffron Walden and has 12 branches in Essex, Suffolk and Hertfordshire, plus seven agencies.