East Anglia: Saffron Building Society names Jon Hall as chief executive
SAFFRON Building Society yesterday named Jon Hall as its new chief executive.
Mr Hall, who was previously the society’s finance director, steps up to replace Andy Golding, who resigned earlier this month after five years as chief executive in order to take up the same position at One Savings Bank.
Saffron Chairman, Peter Harrison said: “I am delighted that we have been able to recruit our new chief executive from within the business.
“He will be taking over the role with immediate effect and continue the progress Saffron has achieved in recent years. There will be an orderly handover from Andy between now and the year end,” he added.
Mr Hall has more than 20 years of professional accounting experience, having qualified as a chartered accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers, for which he worked in both the UK and Bermuda .
He has15 years’ experience in financial services, including a number of senior management positions at Norwich Union (now Aviva) and the role of group financial controller at Central Trust plc
Mr Hall joined Saffron as finance director in August 2004 and during his time with the society he has also been involved in new product development.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 9 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 10 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
He said yesterday: “I am very much looking forward to the new role and responsibilities and continuing to work with the board on the society’s member strategy.”
Away from work, Mr Hall, who is married, with one daughter, is a keen triathlete and completed the London Triathlon 2010.
Saffron Building Society is based in Saffron Walden and has 12 branches in Essex, Suffolk and Hertfordshire, plus seven agencies.