East Anglia: Saffron Insurance agrees claims outsourcing deal with Vamco
- Credit: Archant
EAST Anglia-based Saffron Insurance has appointed Surrey motor claims specialist Vamco to provide an external claims handling service.
The independent insurance broker, which has its head office in Saffron Walden and more than a dozen other offices, at locations including Sudbury, Haverhill and Great Dunmow, has an annual premium income of more £30million and handles around 2,250 motor claims every year.
Saffron says the link-up with Vamco will enable customers to benefit from “an efficient, professional and more cost effective solution for handling motor claims”.
David Beswick, managing director of Saffron Insurance, said: “The opportunity allows us to offer our customers a professional and seamless motor claims service with the added benefits of in-house legal expertise.
“The partnership with Vamco has secured a cost effective solution for Saffron Insurance, enabling us to focus on developing the business and maintaining our high customer retention levels by providing an enhanced claims service.”
The new venture follows Vamco’s recent success in becoming the first outsourced motor claims management company to operate an in-house law firm, after acquiring Kingsley Law Ltd and being granted an ABS (Alternative Business Structure) Licence from the Solicitors Regulation Authority earlier this year.
Tony Rand, Vamco’s founder and chief executive, said: “Saffron has swiftly identified the advantages of outsourcing its motor claims business to us and has seized upon the benefits of our new operational model.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 4 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 9 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 10 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
“The granting of the ABS Licence to Kingsley Law has opened up favourable opportunities to work with independent insurance brokers as it maximises their customer satisfaction and client retention, whilst minimising their operational costs.”