East Anglia: School for Social Entrepreneurs Suffolk seeks new cohort of students
THE School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) Suffolk is seeking to recruit its next intake of “superstar” students who have the drive and commitment to set up new charities and social enterprises of benefit to the community.
The SSE Suffolk programme, which forms part of the Eastern Enterprise Hub initiative, based on the Ipswich Waterfront, is a year-long action-orientated course which helps budding social entrepreneurs to develop their innovative ideas into sustainable enterprises.
The course focuses on the practical aspects of enterprise development, while also supporting and encouraging personal growth, and is open to anybody aged from 18 upwards, with no academic requirements.
Celia Hodson, director of the Eastern Enterprise Hub, said “We’re looking for some entrepreneurial superstars, who want to develop ideas that will change people’s lives and improve communities.
“We want to hear from potential students from all walks of life; there is no mold or template for a social entrepreneur and they come from different ages, backgrounds, gender, interests and expertise. All that’s required is a go-getting attitude and a passion for addressing social issues.”
You may also want to watch:
The SSE course consists of weekly study sessions with activities and resources designed to provide the tailored personal development and organisational support that social entrepreneurs need to achieve their ambitions.
In order to give potential students a feel for what it’s like to be an SSE Suffolk student, the school is holding a series of free taster events across the eastern region. For details visit http://easternenterprisehub.eventbrite.com?s=3871015 or call 01473 527100.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff