East Anglia: Silver IiP honour for UK Power Networks
UK Power Networks, the company responsible for the delivery of electricity supplies across the East of England, London and the South East, has achieved the Silver standard under the Investors in People (IiP) programme.
Following a series of interviews with employees, the independent IiP inspectors said the company had driven through an exceptional level of change and improvements during the last 12 months, which was the more impressive as the company had only existed in its current form for two years.
IiP assessed the company in categories such as strategy, management, communication, employee development and engagement. Among the strengths highlighted were effective communications, constructive relationships with unions and a strong investment in management and leadership development.
Chris Degg, UK Power Networks’ director of HR, said: “It is extremely pleasing to see that the progress we are making as an employer is being recognised externally and independently by IiP. Achieving the Silver Standard after just two years as a standalone business is a fantastic achievement.
“It is important that we use the current momentum we have created to push on and avoid complacency. One of the ways we can measure whether we have achieved our ambition to become an employer of choice in all the areas in which we have a presence, is to build on this and continually improve.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aim is to achieve the IiP Gold standard in the coming years. This external recognition complements the excellent operational and technical performance which UK Power Networks demonstrated across its entire footprint during the recent Olympic Games.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview