East Anglia: Silverton Aggregates creates six new jobs with launch of Ipswich depot
AN EAST Anglian building and landscape supplies company is celebrating the opening of its seventh depot in the region.
Silverton Aggregates, which is based in Frinton, has opened a new branch in Burrell Road, Ipswich, Ipswich.
Owner Duncan Fowle says the company has come a long way since it began trading in 1996.
He started with only one vehicle and two members of staff; now, the company employs around 100 people – with the latest expansion having created six more jobs – and has a fleet of 34 lorries
Mr Fowle says the compan’s growth shows that there are businesses which are doing well despite the tough economic climate.
“It’s been tough in the last two to three years but we’ve held our own,” he says.
“We managed to open our Great Yarmouth centre two years ago, our Colchester centre three years ago and our Braintree centre four years ago.
- 1 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 4 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 5 'We put some good things together' - McKenna pleased after Town's Arsenal friendly
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 8 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 9 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
“It’s not all bad out there,” he added. “Even in the recession there are still people doing well and expanding.”