East Anglia: Silverton Aggregates creates six new jobs with launch of Ipswich depot
AN EAST Anglian building and landscape supplies company is celebrating the opening of its seventh depot in the region.
Silverton Aggregates, which is based in Frinton, has opened a new branch in Burrell Road, Ipswich, Ipswich.
Owner Duncan Fowle says the company has come a long way since it began trading in 1996.
He started with only one vehicle and two members of staff; now, the company employs around 100 people – with the latest expansion having created six more jobs – and has a fleet of 34 lorries
Mr Fowle says the compan’s growth shows that there are businesses which are doing well despite the tough economic climate.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been tough in the last two to three years but we’ve held our own,” he says.
“We managed to open our Great Yarmouth centre two years ago, our Colchester centre three years ago and our Braintree centre four years ago.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
“It’s not all bad out there,” he added. “Even in the recession there are still people doing well and expanding.”