East Anglia: Smell of success for Century Logistics
EAST Anglia-based Century Logistics has been appointed by Fragrances & Toiletries International (FTI) to handle its warehousing and distribution.
FTI produces toiletries, perfumes and gift sets for a wide range of labels and retailers, both premium and high street, with brands include No Fear, Dunlop and Golddigga.
Products are sourced mainly from Europe and Asia and distributed to more than 50 countries worldwide.
Chris Turner, FTI purchasing director, said the company had previously managed its own logistics but, as a result of growth, found that it needed a specialist partner.
“We rented warehouse space and managed it ourselves but realised that, as we grew and it became more and more complicated, we were just not that good at it.
You may also want to watch:
“Our customers have high expectations and we will be fined or orders will be sent back if it is not exactly right. We needed a partner to take away the headache.”
FTI has now selected Century Logistics, which has 400,000 sq ft of warehousing in East Anglia at locations including Thetford and Saxham, near Bury St Edmunds, as its logistics partner.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
The two companies have been integrating IT systems and all FTI’s stock is now coming into Century’s warehouse in Thetford where staff are alson performing some reworking and repacking work as volumes increase for the peak of Christmas demand.
Stephen Basey-Fisher, managing director of Century Logistics, says he was delighted that FTI had chosen Century as its logistics partner.
“Like us, they are innovative, open to new ideas and ready to take on new challenges. We believe that both companies can prosper by working as partners,” he added.