East Anglia: UK Power Networks achieves Investors in People Gold standard
Electricity distributor UK Power Networks has achieved Gold status under the Investors in People (IiP) recognition programme for staff training and development.
The accreditation follows interviews with employees about their workplace, with strengths highlighted including training, communications, safety culture, management development, supported studies, career progression, diversity and appraisals.
Gold status is achieved by just 7% of the companies which take part in the IiP scheme.
UK Power Networks is reponsible for the electricity distribution networks across the East of England, London and the South East. It has a major office in Ipswich and in total employs around 5,200 people across the three regions.
Chris Degg, director of HR, said: “UK Power Networks is delighted to be awarded Gold status by Investors in People, the UK’s leading people management improvement standard. The awarding of IiP Gold followed a rigorous assessment by the external assessor on a wide range of measures ranging from strategy to leadership and communication, from reward and recognition to development and employee engagement.
You may also want to watch:
“UK Power Networks has made tremendous progress in the key areas of safety, customer service and operations efficiency in the last three and a half years during which we have been a stand-alone business. This external recognition demonstrates that we have taken similar strides in terms of our people management practices and processes.”
Paul Devoy, head of IiP, said: “We’d like to congratulate UK Power Networks on their Gold standard. Such a high level of accreditation is the sign of great people management practice, demonstrates a commitment to staff development and shows an organisation committed to being the very best it can be. UK Power Networks should be extremely proud of their achievement.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car