East Anglian community farm plans to expand
AN increasingly popular community farm is planning to expand its existing site and to develop new land.
The Diss community farm is growing its current base at Church Farm in Winfarthing and planning to add an extra 3.6 acres at Friends Field, off Snow Street in nearby Roydon.
Two poly tunnels have been erected at Winfarthing to enable a wider variety of produce to be grown and the land will be extended into a larger plot to grow vegetables and keep livestock.
Representatives from the farm will be giving a presentation about the farm and the future plans on April 15 in the church hall at St Mary’s, in Diss, and visitors will have the chance to ask questions and chat over refreshments.
The farm’s chairman, Angela Lamb, said at present the work on the farm was very labour intensive as a number of people were needed to do hand weeding and maintain the site.
You may also want to watch:
However, she added, if the farm could expand and grow its membership, life would become much easier.
If you are interested in being part of Diss Community Farm then contact membership secretary Sue Pitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
Alternatively, find out more by visiting www.disscommunityfarm.wordpress.com