East Anglian community farm plans to expand
AN increasingly popular community farm is planning to expand its existing site and to develop new land.
The Diss community farm is growing its current base at Church Farm in Winfarthing and planning to add an extra 3.6 acres at Friends Field, off Snow Street in nearby Roydon.
Two poly tunnels have been erected at Winfarthing to enable a wider variety of produce to be grown and the land will be extended into a larger plot to grow vegetables and keep livestock.
Representatives from the farm will be giving a presentation about the farm and the future plans on April 15 in the church hall at St Mary’s, in Diss, and visitors will have the chance to ask questions and chat over refreshments.
The farm’s chairman, Angela Lamb, said at present the work on the farm was very labour intensive as a number of people were needed to do hand weeding and maintain the site.
However, she added, if the farm could expand and grow its membership, life would become much easier.
If you are interested in being part of Diss Community Farm then contact membership secretary Sue Pitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 6 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 7 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
Alternatively, find out more by visiting www.disscommunityfarm.wordpress.com