East Anglian DAF truck dealer ChassisCab secures Bartlow Estate deal
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based DAF truck dealership ChassisCab has delivered a pair of new tractor units, worth a total of more than £180,000, to a fast-growing East Anglian agricultural business.
The Bartlow Estate, close to the Suffolk-Cambridgeshire border near Haverhill, currently involves arable operations extending to around 7,000 acres, including contract managed land, and a delivery business which distributes sugar beet, pulses and grain across the East of England.
Owners Tim and Henrietta Breitmeyer, who employ a team of 10 staff, are looking to expand the arable side to between 10,000 and 12,000 acres over the next few years and to develop the distribution business further.
ChassisCab, which operates from sites at Great Blakenham, near Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge and Isleham, near Ely, has supplied the estate with two new DAF XF Super Space Cab 460 FTP tractor units, which meet the new Euro 6 emissions standard.
Simon Peacock from the Bartlow Estate said: “We are looking to increase the scope of our activities over the next five-year period and see these current investments as critical to our expansion plans.
You may also want to watch:
“Delivery is a key element of the estate today and we will endeavour to expand our existing fleet of vehicles from four to many more as we grow the service we provide to ourselves and our customers.”
“We are delighted to have been able to help Bartlow Estate,” said Terry Hall of ChassisCab. “They are a growing the business significantly in response to the changing agricultural demands within the region and we hope to continue working in partnership with them over the coming years.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 10 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs