East Anglian law firm Birketts advises on sale of Ductclean to AIM-listed Marlowe plc
- Credit: Archant
Regional law firm Birketts has advised the vendors on the sale of a leading ventilation maintenance and ductwork cleaning company.
National operator Ductclean, based at Welwyn Garden City, has been acquired by Marlowe plc, the AIM-listed outsourced services specialist based in London.
Birketts, which is based in Ipswich and also has offices in Chelmsford, Cambridge and Norwich, advised on all legal matters including support on tax, property and employment.
Adrian Seagers, partner and head of corporate services, led the transaction with assistance from Stephanie Newman, Corinne Spencer, Laura Ing-Beaufils, Emma Medina and Karl Pocock.
The deal, valuing Ductclean at up to £10m, was agreed last week and is due to complete on July 31.
You may also want to watch:
Customers of Ductclean include national hotel and leisure providers, airports, NHS trusts, universities and local authorities.
“The acquisition of Ductclean significantly extends the scope of Marlowe plc’s activities into a new complementary service sector,” said Nigel Jones, managing director of Ductclean.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
“Birketts has an excellent reputation for providing high quality legal advice and client service. The team, under Adrian’s leadership, ensured that we were well advised throughout and worked tirelessly to achieve our goal.”
Adrian Seagers added: “I am delighted that we have secured the sale of Ductclean and look forward to seeing the continued development of Marlowe into the UK’s leading provider of critical asset maintenance services.
“This transaction demonstrates once again the depth of skill, service range and resource that enables Birketts’ highly-skilled lawyers to deliver complex transactions of this nature.”