New owners for The Ship at Dunwich and the Westleton Crown
- Credit: Archant
The East Anglian-based Chestnut Group has added The Westleton Crown and The Ship at Dunwich to its family of country, and now coastal inns.
The group was set up in 2012 and is the vision of Suffolk born and bred Philip Turner, who left his career in the City to champion hospitality in East Anglia.
Mr Turner said: “It’s long been our view that the region is vastly underestimated as a destination for eating and staying despite boasting an amazing land and seascape, rich history and culture, incredible fresh produce and a wealth of sporting experiences and activities.
“At Chestnut our ethos is to embrace all the great elements that make up the area. Our job is to act as hosts and simply open the door to the wonderful array of experiences and ingredients that we have on our doorstep.
With properties near Cambridge, Newmarket, Sudbury and in Bury St Edmunds it was a natural progression for us to look to coast so we can truly encompass all aspects of East Anglia.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark Harrod, owner of Agellus Hotels, said: “We are extremely proud of all we have achieved with The Ship at Dunwich and The Westleton Crown, and now we have decided to hand the ownership over to The
Chestnut Group, who very much share the same vision for the region. We look forward to working closely with them in the transition period to ensure the best outcome for our colleagues and guests.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 8 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
“it is our plan at Agellus to use the sale of these inns to allow for further development of our properties on the Norfolk coast and Tuddenham Mill in Suffolk.”
The Chestnut Group’s family of inns includes The Packhorse Inn in Moulton near Newmarket, The Rupert Brooke in Grantchester on the outskirts of Cambridge, The Northgate in Bury St Edmunds and The Black Lion in Long Melford.