East Anglian software group Access expands with acquisition of Sheffield-based Selima
- Credit: Archant
North Essex-based business software company Access Group has expanded again with the acquisition of Selima, a cloud-based workforce management and payroll services specialist.
Selima, which is based in Sheffield, has a major presence in the retail, hospitality and education sectors, with its 300-plus customers including Hawksmoor, Young’s Brewery and the Academies Enterprise Trust as well as a number of local authorities.
Access Group, which is based at Stratford St Mary, between Ipswich and Colchester on the Suffolk-Essex border, is a leading software supplier to mid-market companies in the UK.
It says the acquisition of Selima, which last year generated revenues of £5m, will bolster its existing portfolio of products for the academy schools sector and provide a new suite of products for retail and hospitality. The value of the deal has not been disclosed.
Chris Bayne, chief executive of Access Group, said: “The addition of Selima to the Access Group greatly increases the value we deliver to our customers and expands what we can deliver in a new industry sector of retail and hospitality.
“There is strong alignment in our cultures with the Selima team and the way we do business. The Selima deal is our second significant acquisition in 2017, which supports Access’ focused go to market strategy and accelerated growth plans.”
Selima’s current managing director, Wayne Blakemore, who will remain with the business, added: “I am confident the Access Group is the perfect home for the products, customers and employees of Selima. It will help take what we have achieved with Selima in the last five years to the next level.”
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 4 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 6 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
Access Group was formed in 1993 as a specialist in accounting software and has expanded through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions, achieving turnover of £85.9m in its last full financial year, to June 30, 2016.
Its acquisition of in March this year of Safe Computing, a Leicester-based business with turnover of £18m, was its biggest deal to date.
Access now services more than 12,000 UK customers, with its range of products spanning enterprise resource planning (ERP), finance, human resources, payroll, recruitment, education, warehousing, business intelligence, professional service automation and manufacturing.