East Bergholt: Logistics software firm Fargo Systems to unveil TOPS updates at Multimodal exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Fargo Systems, a leading supplier of software to the UK transport and logistics industry, is to unveil a series of new developments within its TOPS platform at this year’s Multimodal exhibition.
The East Bergholt-based company, a member of the EADT’s Suffolk Future50 listing of businesses with high growth potential, will be exhibiting at the event, taking place at NEC Birmingham from April 29 to March 1, for the seventh year running.
The Fargo team will be giving interactive demonstrations of the company’s TOPS (Transport Operations & Processing Systems) solution and the mobile-based TOPS…on the go version, showcasing how job information and updates can flow seamlessly between driver and back office.
Fargo Systems will also be revealing its newest systems and demonstrating how access and updates can be automatically provided to each aspect of the intermodal industry, including customer care departments, intermodal offices, hauliers, customers and consignees.
TOPS…on the go, developed in a range of languages on Google’s Android system for smartphones and tablets, provides users with a range benefits, including in-cab job management and status updates, vehicle tracking and ETAs, ePoDs (electronic Proof of Deivery) and various driver administration features such as defect reporting, timesheets and expenses.
You may also want to watch:
It has helped Fargo build a customer base in 15 countries, including an estimated 70%-plus market share within the UK container haulage industry, helping customers including shipping lines, rail operators, road hauliers and third party logistics suppliers to optimise their supply chain and transportation movements.
Steve Collins, general manager at Fargo Systems, said: “Developing on Android has enabled us to offer customers an extensive range of features, all of which can be provided via a smartphone device or tablet PC. This makes our TOPS management system even simpler to use and provides yet another benefit to our customers.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Besides TOPS and TOPS…on the go, the Fargo Systems portfolio of products also includes CYMAN, for container yard or intermodal terminal management, and CCC (CargoCentral.Co), a collaborative online information and transaction exchange.
Multimodal is the UK and Ireland’s leading freight transport and logistics exhibition and has become the annual “one-stop-shop” for shippers. Fargo Systems, which has exhibited at every Multimodal show since its launch in 2008, will be located at the exhibition in Hall 8 at Stand 264.