East of England Co-op members invited to have their say on rule changes
- Credit: Ashley Pickering/Anglia Picture
Registration is now open for the East of England Co-operative Society’s Annual Members’ Meeting.
The society, the region’s largest independent retailer, is owned by more than 275,000 members, made up of local customers and colleagues from across Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
The members’ meeting is being held at its Wherstead Park headquarters, on the edge of Ipswich, on Saturday, May 13, from 9.30am to 2pm.
Members who attend will have the opportunity to take part in two interactive workshops which will provide an insight into different areas of co-operative’s activities.
This includes a chance to meet some of the producers behind its award-winning Sourced Locally initiative, learn about the Co-op Cuppa scheme, hear an update on how the local co-op is performing, and listen to (and watch) one of the beneficiaries of the East of England Co-op, the Co-op Juniors.
You may also want to watch:
Eligible members will also have the opportunity to vote on a number of motions, including deciding to pay a members’ dividend.
The results of the annual election of the board of directors will also be announced and this year’s meeting will include a special members’ meeting to discuss changes to the society rules.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Members who would like to attend should register online at www.eastofengland.coop/amm2017 or call 0800 389 5354. Registration will also be available at the venue on the day of the meeting from 9am.
Voting at the Annual Members’ Meeting and in the election of directors is only open to eligible members. In order to be eligible to vote, you must have been a member since before November 13, 2016 and have a share balance of at least £1.
The morning’s events will be followed by a free Sourced Locally lunch.