Eastern England: Farming firm Velcourt sets up new agronomy service in the region
FARMING business management company Velcourt is setting up a new independent agronomy service in Eastern England, which is being led by Simon White.
Simon has worked for Velcourt for nearly 15 years, including stints in Zambia and the Ukraine. He has a BSc in agriculture and is BASIS and FACTS qualified.
He said: “Farmers are often concerned about the lack of independence in the advice they receive and the people advising them are often the ones who are selling them the inputs. Our advice is totally separate and independent.”
Simon is talking to landowners, farmers and farm managers in Lincolnshire and the neighbouring counties.
“It’s up to the client but we can help from basic strategic agronomy to a full crop walking service,” Simon says.
You may also want to watch:
An event will be held on the Cereals site in Boothby Graffoe on the evening of June 12.
Velcourt manages and advises on farms throughout the UK. Formed in 1967, the business is retained by landowners, tenants, working farmers and investors.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 A12 closed as man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
It manages around 53,000 hectares in the UK.