Easton and Otley College farming students get ready to compete in livestock competitions at Suffolk Show
- Credit: John Nice
Farming students from the county’s land college are gearing up to compete at the Suffolk Show.
Easton and Otley College livestock students are hoping to build on their successes at the South Suffolk Show, where they achieved a second, two thirds and a fifth place, at the county’s showcase event.
The group had a final practice session in front of the public at the college’s annual Big Day Out on Sunday, May 20.
Now it’s all systems go for the two day event at Trinity Park as the learners get ready to compete in classes with both sheep and cattle.
College spokesperson John Nice said: “Our students are looking forward to competing at the Suffolk Show. It’s a great chance for them to gain new skills as the county looks on.”
You may also want to watch:
The college will be involved in construction, floristry and garden design competitions at the show, and equine students will be helping to build show jumping courses.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 8 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune