Edme owner acquires malt business based in Germany and Poland
- Credit: Archant
A malt firm with sites in East Anglia is set to expand overseas after acquiring a company based in Germany and Poland.
Anglia Maltings (Holdings) Limited (AMH)’s purchase of Tivoli Malz GmbH (Tivoli) and its subsidiaries GlobalMalt Group, based in Hamburg, and GlobalMalt Polska will help it to better serve its international customers, it says.
Anglia Maltings currently has three separate businesses: Crisp Malting Group, which has five maltings, three in East Anglia and two in Scotland; Edme, a wholegrain ingredients plant at Manningtree in Essex; and Micronized Food Products, a cereal ingredient plant in North Yorkshire.
Tivoli’s annual capacity of 180,000 tonnes of malt will bolster Anglia Maltings’ current production of 250,000 tonnes of ingredients for the food and drink industries.
Euan Macpherson, managing director of Crisp, will head the combined operations.
You may also want to watch:
“By combining forces we can operate even more efficiently, upscaling our services and meeting the demands of existing and new customers. In the UK, our focus remains on supporting the vibrant distilling and craft brewing sectors. Wherever we operate, we aim to provide truly excellent customer service; fantastic product range and quality; and first class technical backing. That is what we will continue to do, but now even better resourced,” he said.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Woman's body found in village home
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'