Electricity supplier renews sponsorship of league
- Credit: Archant
Business electricity supplier Haven Power is once again sponsoring the Suffolk Football Association (FA) Monday Night Football League in Ipswich.
As well as fielding a team in the league, the Ipswich-based firm has agreed to sponsor the summer, winter and spring seasons in 2015-16.
The company was one of the founding members of the league, and has been its sponsor since 2014.
Sales and marketing director Richard Robey said: “As a large business and employer in Ipswich we are keen to engage with the local community and getting involved with local sports is just one of the ways in which we do this.
“We have some talented and enthusiastic sports men and women working with us, so to continue our sponsorship of the league is something we’re proud of and delighted to be associated with.”
Haven Power’s team is captained by Marc Bradbrook, who said: “The Haven football team is made up of players from across the company and it’s great because it brings people together away from the office in a social setting.
“The lads have got a great team spirit and can-do attitude which is something that’s encouraged at Haven.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 6 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 7 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
“The league format is good as most people can manage an hour once every two weeks and for those that can’t there’s rolling subs! It’s a clever initiative from the FA which is still going strong after 18 months with many of the initial teams still playing.”
Suffolk FA Youth to Adult Transition Officer Gary Pinyoun, who organises the league, said: “We are very grateful to Haven Power for their ongoing sponsorship of the Ipswich league.
“The Haven Power team continue to be a great asset to the league. They have been with us right from the start and it’s great that they’re still on board and taking part as enthusiastically as ever.
“They help capture the spirit of what MNF is about by playing competitively with friends and work colleagues yet retaining a good element of sportsmanship, respect and enjoyment.”