Employer of the Year
- Credit: Greene King
Bury St Edmunds pub retailer and brewer Greene King has scooped a regional title.
The firm was named Macro Employer of the Year at the East of England Apprenticeship Awards, which are run by the National Apprenticeship Service.
The awards, now in their 14th year, recognise businesses that grow their own talent with apprenticeships.
Since 2011, Greene King has supported more than 9,500 apprentices and offers bespoke qualifications that support a range of job roles including front of house, kitchen and management, tailored to each of the Greene King pub and restaurant brands.
Chief executive Rooney Anand said it was “an honour” to be recognised.
You may also want to watch:
“Apprenticeships are something we are really passionate about and our scheme has proven a real success for us,” he said. “We look forward to representing our region and the hospitality sector in the finals.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham