Energy industry champion wins accolade
THE man who has spearheaded an East of England energy industry association has won a national accolade for his role.John Best, chief executive of the East of England Energy Group, scooped the Individual Contribution Award at the Trade Association Forum in London.
THE man who has spearheaded an East of England energy industry association has won a national accolade for his role.
John Best, chief executive of the East of England Energy Group, scooped the Individual Contribution Award at the Trade Association Forum in London.
Award judges said it was “largely due to John Best's vision, imagination and effort that the EEEGR has had such an impact”.
Mr Best said he was “overwhelmed” by the award, which was presented at the Millennium Hotel, Mayfair.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously, it is a great privilege to be recognised for my individual contribution. What makes it particularly special for me is that the staff submitted my name for the award without my knowing anything about it. It came as a real shock.”
The group has more than 280 members from a diverse number of businesses, including wind power and oil, and multi-nationals to small local supply firms.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp