Engineering firm scoops fourth significant contract with MoD
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury-based aerospace, defence and industry engineering firm is celebrating after scooping a Ministry of Defence (MoD) contract to service and repair armament ground support equipment.
The new contract, with the Ministry of Defence, Air Support, Air Commodities Project Team based at MoD-Bristol UK, follows a competitive tendering process.
The firm has already been awarded a contract to provide in-service support for internal communications to the Royal Navy and is the fourth significant MoD contract the firm has won in recent months.
The new contract, which is for a minimum of five years, will include the provision of design organisation support, spares, repairs, Post Design Services (PDS) and testing and certification.
The equipment in the scope will include beam lifting apparatus, universal hoists and high lift palletisers to ensure maintenance personnel have the right tools available to maintain aircraft anywhere in the world.
Managing director Gary Harvey said: “This is the fourth significant MoD contract win for MEL Aviation in the last nine month period. We are delighted to have been selected again for another key role in UK aviation defence.
“The need for specialist, fully-maintained equipment that supports aircraft in both training and deployment environments is clear and we have the experience, expertise and engineering resources to fulfil this contract need.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 5 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 6 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 7 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 8 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 9 Julia Bradbury's feature on 'beautiful' Sudbury airs on This Morning today
- 10 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
“MEL Aviation has a long and ongoing relationship with the MoD which sees us supplying a wide range of design, repair and overhaul solutions to its many and varied project teams.
“We are diversifying from more traditional aviation support projects into a greater range of engineering and communication support systems that encompass all areas of equipment and this is giving us the competitive edge when it comes to securing critical contracts.
“We are constantly developing new and improved repair, maintenance and overhaul services to help to keep both the civil and military aviation sectors working seamlessly and enable us to become the one-stop solution for many key customers.”
The MEL Group specialises in areas ranging from the design, manufacture of ground support equipment and airborne components, to the repair and overhaul of civil and military aerospace and defence products.