Equipment from Witham printer Woodford Litho goes up for sale
- Credit: Archant
Equipment from an Essex printing company which went into administration earlier this year is being sold via private treaty and an online auction.
The items being offered for sale by chartered surveyors and property consultancy Sanderson Weatherall were previously used by Witham-based Woodford Litho, a producer of catalogues, magazines and commercial print.
The 80-year-old company, which employed 45 people, ceased trading in July, with Steven Law and Nigel Miller, of Baker Tilly Restructuring and Recovery being appointed as joint administrators.
They have appointed Sanderson Weatherall to handle the sale of the equipment, for the benefit of creditors.
Among the items being sold are web offset printing presses, binding, stitching and packing lines and pre-press machinery, plus factory and office furnishings and equipment.
Items a available by private treaty include a KBA Compacta 618, 48-printed page, four-unit, web offset press and a Kolbus KM411 B25 15-station Perfect binder, both of which have various ancillary equipment.
The online auction, which closes at 11am on Wednesday, September 23, comprises almost 1,000 lots, including: two four-colour presses, one with a sheeter, folder, stacker and palletiser; two saddle stitching lines; a poly-bagging line; a guillotine and book saw; and water chilling, waste and dust extraction plant.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 3 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 9 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 10 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
Roy Tubman, the Sanderson Weatherall partner leading the team conducting the sales, said: “As the items available include general industrial goods, such as forklift trucks, warehouse equipment, machine tools and equipment, racking and air compressors, this is a great opportunity for businesses not just in the printing sector but in other industries too.
“There’s already been interest in the excellent modern plant and equipment available from inside and outside the European Union. We’re therefore expecting very significant demand from an extremely wide area, including local Essex-based companies.”
People interested in bidding for the private treaty items should contact Roy Tubman on 0161 259 7063, 0780 108 1963 or via email to email@example.com. Those wanting to take part in the online auction can do so after registering at www.sw.co.uk. Interested parties can request a catalogue by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Items for sale can be viewed between 10am and 4pm on Tuesday, September 22 at Woodford Litho’s former site in Freebournes Road, Witham, or at other times by appointment with Roy Tubman.