Essex: Anglia Ruskin University offers firms internships
ESSEX businesses are being offered an affordable way to grow during the recession, through an Anglia Ruskin University internship programme.
The scheme is open to anyone eligible to work in the UK who has graduated in the past two years, or is in the penultimate year of a degree course.
Internships can run for four to 12 weeks, and Anglia Ruskin believes they can enable many hard-pressed businesses to undertake projects with the potential to boost their performance significantly.
Dr Saher Ahmed. from Anglia Ruskin’s research, development and commercial services, said: “Anglia Ruskin’s internship programme offers companies based in Essex the opportunity to work with a high-calibre graduate or penultimate-year student on a placement for up to 12 weeks.
“Our internship programme allows companies to expand their workforce for special projects or short-term assignments, without the long-term commitment.
You may also want to watch:
“The highly-trained and motivated interns can help with a wide variety of projects, such as setting up IT systems and websites, writing marketing and business plans, or designing company literature, and are likely to be much more cost-effective than hiring a temp.
“The scheme helps undergraduates and graduates gain relevant business skills and experience to improve their employability, and can ultimately help them into long-term graduate-level employment. It also helps to ensure more talented young people remain in the region after graduation, which is of enormous benefit to the local economy.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal
Anglia Ruskin administers the entire programme, including advertising the vacancy, shortlisting, contracts and remuneration. The cost to the company is �250 plus VAT per week, with the intern receiving a weekly wage of �225 (tax and NI exempt).
For further information about the scheme, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 196 3177.