Essex-based law firm Ellisons launches book to mark its 250th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Law firm Ellisons Solicitors has launched a commemorative book marking its 250th anniversary which it celebrated last year.
The book, entitled “Ellisons 1764-2014 Solicitors of Colchester” and published by Strathmore Publishing, was researched and written by Colchester historian Andrew Philips, alongside author Rebecca Davies, during 2013 and 2014.
It offers a rich history of the firm, from its early day’s right up until last year, nd also includes details about the history of Colchester which could not be ignored when delving into Ellisons’ own past.
During its anniversary year, the firm welcome Mr Oborne Ellison’s granddaughter, who was interviewed by Andrew Philips. Elizabeth Andrew (nee Ellison) lived with Mr Ellison during the war and was able to recount many fascinating details about the firm’s namesake.
Guy Longhurst, senior partner, said: “The firm was proud to celebrate 250 years during 2014, and we did so with all sorts of events, activities and charity fundraising.
You may also want to watch:
“However, we also wanted something with longevity, which could be remembered and reviewed for many years to come – perhaps even in 250 years! This book tells our story perfectly, and also reflects upon our celebratory year, noting all the things we did to mark the occasion.
“A great deal of work was put into this book, and I would like to thank everyone who gave up their time, from supplying photos to memories. It has all helped to make this book very special to Ellisons.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
A copy of the book has been given to every member of the Ellisons staff as a memento of the year, as well as the numerous people who helped with the book and local museums and libraries.
Ellisons anniversary year was also about looking forward as well as back and included the launch of a new office, at Wherstead Park, near Ipswich, bringing its network to five. Besides its head office in Colchester, the firm also has offices in Clacton-on-Sea, Frinton-on-Sea and Dovercourt.