Essex: Chambers event highlights export opportunities in Romania
- Credit: Archant
The Romanian Ambassador to the UK, Dr Ion Jinga, was among the guests at an event hosted by Essex Chambers of Commerce in conjunction with the British Romanian Chamber of Commerce and UK Trade and Investment.
The event focused on export opportunities in Romania, with Dr Jinga highlighting sectors including rail transport and renewable energy ? solar, wind-power, hydro-electricity, biomass and geothermal ? along with ICT.
Delegates from Essex and further afield also heard from Raymond Breden, executive chairman, and Richard Reece, chief executive, of the British Romanian Chamber of Commerce as well as John Fleming, of Essex-based Delamode International Logistics, and Brian Davies, of Sanders Polyfilms, who spoke of their experiences in doing business in Romania and the best approaches to use to enter this expanding marketplace.
Denise Rossiter, chief executive of Essex Chambers of Commerce said: “Romania is so close to home and is highly accessible from the South East via air with just over three hours to the capital. Romania’s growing economy is set to expand my more than 2% this year.
“With a highly skilled workforce, fast internet speeds and lower property and wage prices there is excellent growth potential in this country. Our relationship with the British Romanian Chamber of Commerce is set to help local businesses export into this exciting market, alongside our team of International Trade advisors who are on hand to help with any enquiries following this key export event”
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Joyce, International Trade Manager added: “The message was clear and the mood among delegates was positive. The Romanians want us and we need to make the effort to go and meet these new future working relationships.”
Essex Chambers, together with the British Romanian Chamber of Commerce, intend to help companies make their first introductory steps into this opportune market by way of a Trade Mission in the Summer. Any interested companies should contact Debbie Joyce on 01206 363733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season