Essex Chambers of Commerce moves to new offices at University of Essex campus in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Essex Chambers of Commerce has relocated its Colchester-based team to the Parkside Office Village at the University of Essex.
The business support organisation’s Colchester office was previously located at St Peter’s Court, off St Peter’s Street, close to the town centre.
Parkside Office Village, part of the university’s Knowledge Gateway research and business park, is already home to a cluster of innovative companies with construction work due to start soon on a second phase of seven new units, due for completion in the autumn of next year.
David Burch, director of policy at Essex Chambers, said: “As we want to further raise the profile of the chambers, the chance to have a presence at the university seemed too good to miss.”
Bryn Morris, registrar at the University of Essex, added: “Parkside provides a high quality base for organisations that see a close association with our university as helping them achieve their goals. We’re looking forward to further developing our relationship with Essex Chambers of Commerce.”
Essex Chambers represents members from across Essex, ranging from sole traders to national and international companies.
As well as providing a range of business services, it lobbies MPs and policymakers on issues affecting Essex businesses, such as improvements to road and rail infrastructure and the impact of Brexit on exporters.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 4 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 5 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 8 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 9 Two Suffolk salons reach UK's top hair awards
- 10 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
It is expanding its network of offices in order to have a physical presence across the county, with other locations already including Southend-on-Sea, Basildon, Harlow and Thurrock.