Essex: Clacton Factory Outlet shopping village operating normally despite administration
THE Clacton Factory Outlet shopping village is operating as normal despite a company involved in its management and ownership going into administration.
Canley 2 Limited, formerly known as ROM Capital (Clacton) Ltd, is one of four related companies to which Angela Swarbrick and Alan Robert Bloom of Ernst & Young LLP were appointed as joint administrators earlier this month.
Around 40 retailers operate from units at the shopping centre, including Claire’s Accessories, JD Sports, M&S Outlet, Mountain Warehouse and Thorntons.
Ernst & Young confirmed the appointment of the joint administrators to the four companies, which also include Canley 4 Ltd (formerly ROM Capital (Northampton) Ltd), Canley 5 Ltd (formerly ROM Capital (Walsall) Ltd) and Canley 6 LLP (formerly ROM Capital Orange LLP).
A statement from E&Y said
In a statement, E&Y said: “Angela Swarbrick and Alan Bloom from Ernst & Young were appointed joint administrators of Canley Limited on March 22, 2012.
“On April 2, the joint administrators were appointed over the holding company’s four property owning subsidiaries which manage eight sites, both retail and commercial developments, across the UK.”
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 6 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 7 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 8 Burns signs new deal after stunning debut season at Town
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
ROM Capital, founded by property entrepreneurs Robert Whitton and Daren Burney to specialise in the acquisition and asset management of private property companies and multi-let portfolios, acquired the Clacton Factory Outlet in 2008.