Essex fruit features on BBC Harvest show tonight
- Credit: Archant
Strawberry pickers collecting fruit to make Wilkin & Sons’ jam feature on national television tonight.
Presenter Philippa Forrester and a film crew visited the Little Scarlet strawberry field at Goldhanger to watch the first pick of the day back in June, before visiting the firm’s factory in Tiptree to see the fruit becoming conserve.
The visit was featured as part of the BBC Two mini-series Harvest running this week, with tonight’s show featuring the East of England.
Chris Newenham, farm director, said: “We were delighted to be asked to take part and show viewers how their food is gathered before it reaches the plate.
“We really enjoyed working with Philippa, who was so enthusiastic, and look forward to seeing the results.”
You may also want to watch:
The episode is due to be broadcast tonight at 8pm.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close