Essex: Investors in People gold award for law firm Birkett Long
- Credit: Archant
Law firm Birkett Long, which has offices in Colchester, Chelmsford and Basildon, has joined the exclusive ranks of employers to have received a gold Investors in People (IiP) award.
A gold rating is awarded to only one in every 100 firms that achieve the IiP standard for training and development.
Adrian Livesley, managing partner at Birkett Long, said: “We strive to ensure that not only clients are happy but our staff are, too. This is an excellent result and I just want to thank everyone who helped to make this happen.
“This firm would not be what it is without a lot of dedicated people and it is only right that we invest in them and their future.”
IiP is a national benchmark of good practice in the training and development of people, with employers being are independently assessed.
You may also want to watch:
Beyond achieving the standard IiP recognition, they can work towards bronze, silver or gold status by meeting additional evidence requirements.
Birkett Long originally achieved the standard Investors in People recognition in May 2008 and in 2011 achieved silver status.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
The assessor who carried out the latest accreditation, John Wooddissee, who assesses around 30 law practices across the country, said: “The Birkett Long culture is probably the most positive I have found. Their partnership charter and their core values all mean something to the staff.
“They are not just some words to the partners and managers. I interviewed about 30 of their staff, both legal and support, and there were none who were negative about their employer. In fact they said Birkett Long was a fantastic firm to work for.”