Essex: Investors in People gold award for law firm Birkett Long
- Credit: Archant
Law firm Birkett Long, which has offices in Colchester, Chelmsford and Basildon, has joined the exclusive ranks of employers to have received a gold Investors in People (IiP) award.
A gold rating is awarded to only one in every 100 firms that achieve the IiP standard for training and development.
Adrian Livesley, managing partner at Birkett Long, said: “We strive to ensure that not only clients are happy but our staff are, too. This is an excellent result and I just want to thank everyone who helped to make this happen.
“This firm would not be what it is without a lot of dedicated people and it is only right that we invest in them and their future.”
IiP is a national benchmark of good practice in the training and development of people, with employers being are independently assessed.
Beyond achieving the standard IiP recognition, they can work towards bronze, silver or gold status by meeting additional evidence requirements.
Birkett Long originally achieved the standard Investors in People recognition in May 2008 and in 2011 achieved silver status.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 6 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 7 River turns white after limestone powder spillage
- 8 Man admits sex offences against children dating back to 2005
- 9 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 10 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
The assessor who carried out the latest accreditation, John Wooddissee, who assesses around 30 law practices across the country, said: “The Birkett Long culture is probably the most positive I have found. Their partnership charter and their core values all mean something to the staff.
“They are not just some words to the partners and managers. I interviewed about 30 of their staff, both legal and support, and there were none who were negative about their employer. In fact they said Birkett Long was a fantastic firm to work for.”