Essex law firm Birkett Long awarded contract by bulk liquid storage provider Navigator Terminals
- Credit: Archant
Law firm Birkett Long has been selected to provide legal services to a major UK-wide fuel and chemical storage provider.
Birkett Long, which has offices in Colchester, Chelmsford and Basildon, has won a contract to work with Navigator Terminals, the UK’s largest independent bulk liquid storage provider, with more than 1.5m cubic metres of storage capacity.
The company operates four terminals, strategically located in major UK ports, including Navigator Terminals Thames at West Thurrock in Essex, two in north-east England and one in south Wales.
David Cant, Birkett Long partner and director of business development, said: “We look forward to establishing a long-term relationship with Navigator Terminals. They were looking for a trusted, quality adviser to support their network of terminals and help them to operate efficiently by becoming an extension of their business.
“Birkett Long offered accessibility and availability, combined with real strength in depth in their key business areas. We were able to demonstrate that we have a broad spectrum of clients working in complex and fast-moving environments.
You may also want to watch:
“As a leading Essex law firm, we pride ourselves on attracting the highest quality clients in the region, and we’re really excited about working with a dynamic and progressive business like Navigator Terminals.”
Dennis Cheek, business planning manager for Navigator Terminals, said: “We chose Birkett Long because of the depth and breadth of coverage they offered us across employment, contract issues and land matters, and their level of experience in each field.”
- 1 Coleman on Cook: 'If that's indication of his fortune as Ipswich manager, they can book a place in the Championship'
- 2 Popular Woodbridge restaurant set to close
- 3 'Please don't believe everything you read in the media' - Ipswich Town owner Evans addresses takeover reports
- 4 'I have no doubt Ipswich will be successful' - Richardson doesn't rule out joining Cook at Town
- 5 Marcus Evans on Paul Cook: 'He has shown a great desire to become our next manager'
- 6 Ipswich case rate rises, other Suffolk districts among lowest in England
- 7 'The time is not right to fiddle when Rome burns' - Evans outlines Lambert 'disagreements'
- 8 Man taken to hospital with serious leg injuries following collision
- 9 Anger over loss of habitats after pond drained and trees felled
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 win at Accrington Stanley
The partnership will involve lawyers across Birkett Long’s commercial, construction, disputes, real estate and environmental, and employment teams, led by head of commercial and corporate finance Tracey Dickens.