Essex law firm Birkett Long awarded contract by bulk liquid storage provider Navigator Terminals
- Credit: Archant
Law firm Birkett Long has been selected to provide legal services to a major UK-wide fuel and chemical storage provider.
Birkett Long, which has offices in Colchester, Chelmsford and Basildon, has won a contract to work with Navigator Terminals, the UK’s largest independent bulk liquid storage provider, with more than 1.5m cubic metres of storage capacity.
The company operates four terminals, strategically located in major UK ports, including Navigator Terminals Thames at West Thurrock in Essex, two in north-east England and one in south Wales.
David Cant, Birkett Long partner and director of business development, said: “We look forward to establishing a long-term relationship with Navigator Terminals. They were looking for a trusted, quality adviser to support their network of terminals and help them to operate efficiently by becoming an extension of their business.
“Birkett Long offered accessibility and availability, combined with real strength in depth in their key business areas. We were able to demonstrate that we have a broad spectrum of clients working in complex and fast-moving environments.
“As a leading Essex law firm, we pride ourselves on attracting the highest quality clients in the region, and we’re really excited about working with a dynamic and progressive business like Navigator Terminals.”
Dennis Cheek, business planning manager for Navigator Terminals, said: “We chose Birkett Long because of the depth and breadth of coverage they offered us across employment, contract issues and land matters, and their level of experience in each field.”
- 1 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 2 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 3 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 4 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 5 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 6 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 7 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 8 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Plans for 115 homes in village gets backing to move forward
The partnership will involve lawyers across Birkett Long’s commercial, construction, disputes, real estate and environmental, and employment teams, led by head of commercial and corporate finance Tracey Dickens.