Make a will and give charity a boost
- Credit: NSPCC
An Essex law firm has raised more than £7,500 for charity after taking part in a will-writing campaign which asks solicitors to write wills for people for only for a voluntary donation to charity.
John Fowlers LLP Solicitors, with branches in Colchester, West Mersea, Brightlingsea and Clacton-on-Sea has taken part in the annual Will Aid scheme and raised an impressive £7,675 in the month-long fundraiser, writing 107 wills.
Taking into account the other eight campaigns the firm has taken part in, their total raised to date is £47,586.
Chris Andrews from the firm said: “Our team has thoroughly enjoyed participating in Will Aid and have worked very hard.
“We are happy to donate our time towards Will Aid and look forward to taking part again this year. It is a great way of generating a link with new clients. We would recommend that other law firms get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Tolu Osinnowo from the NSPCC said: “The team at John Fowlers LLP Solicitors have made a fabulous contribution to the fundraising efforts of Will Aid this year and we are really grateful for their commitment to the cause.
“Donations will go towards vital projects such as the NSPCC’s Speak Out Stay Safe programme, where trained volunteers visit UK primary schools every two years to teach children how to keep safe from abuse. With £95 we can reach 31 primary school children, whilst £2,800 could pay for the programme to visit five primary schools.”.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
Will Aid, which is celebrating its 30th year, is a charity will-writing scheme that raises money for nine charities: ActionAid, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save The Children, Sightsavers, Age UK, SCIAF (Scotland) and Trocaire (Northern Ireland).
Will Aid will run again in November 2018.