Essex: Mural marks 25th anniversary of construction company The Anderson Group
ESSEX-based construction and services company The Anderson Group has celebrated its 25th anniversary with the unveiling of a specially-commissioned work of art.
Christopher Kingsley, the Mayor of Chelmsford, unveiled the 80 metre long mural which has created on hoardings around the former White Hart Pub site which is owned by Anderson and is next to the group’s head office on Colchester Road, Springfield.
The work, created by Vic Lee in association with Hug London, depicts the history of the company and features several members of the team, including some of its longest serving employees.
Group managing director Andrew Jay said: “We are delighted with the new artwork and feel it is a real testament to our achievements. We have grown considerably over the years and we wanted a unique way to highlight our journey and demonstrate our gratitude towards our staff.
“The piece of artwork is much like the Bayeux Tapestry; it tells a story and depicts some of the key characters and activities of the business since inception. We are very proud of our company’s history and we look forward to another successful 25 years.”
You may also want to watch:
The Anderson Group, which was originally founded 1987 by Mark Anderson who is now chairman of the company, generates annual turnover of more than �50million from activities including construction, design and build, contaminated land, property development, sites in receivership and plant hire, and employs a total of around 300 people.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 10 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash