Essex: New affiliation for East of England Co-op’s travel stores
- Credit: Archant
THE East of England Co-operative Society’s travel business has joined the Midcounties Co-op Consortium.
The change sees the East of England society move away from the joint venture formed by Thomas Cook and the Co-operative Group in October 2011, a move which the society says will offer customers wider freedom of choice.
Roger Grosvenor, executive officer – retail at the East of England Co-op, said: “We are delighted to be joining the Midcounties Co-op Consortium, and this will make our travel branches part of an independent, co-operative business without any affiliation to any one tour operator.
“Our loyal customers will be greeted by the same friendly and knowledgeable employees, and will see continuity of service and care from a local branch they can trust.”
Alistair Rowland, group general manager for travel services at Midcounties Co-op, said: “We are delighted that the East of England Co-op has decided to join our growing consortium.
You may also want to watch:
“Their regional strength will only serve to enhance our collective buying and marketing reach, and we look forward very much to working with the management team on adding value to their great Co-operative travel business.”
The East of England Co-op has 10 travel branches, in Brightlingsea, Burnham-on-Crouch, Clacton-on-Sea, Colchester, Stanway, Dovercourt, Frinton-on-Sea, Maldon, Manningtree and Tiptree.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 4 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
The transfer to the Midcounties Co-operative buying group involves these stores only, and no other Co-operative Travel-branded branches in East Anglia.