Meet the Essex firm fighting against GP shortages
- Credit: Archant
An Essex care firm is attempting to turn the tide on the GP shortage plighting the region.
There are 150 less doctors working in the east of England than there were in 2016.
But Essex Primary Care Careers is working to provide a solution to the sector's difficulties in recruitment and retention.
MORE: Future of Ipswich store uncertain as firm enters administration Last week it staged a skills show and job fair to give both GPs and aspiring healthcare professional the chance to learn about career opportunities and network with local employers.
Maria Reid, of Essex Primary Care Careers, said: "It was fantastic to see so many aspiring healthcare professionals attend our North East Essex Fair as we look to keep primary care at the top of the agenda.
The fair showcased the incredible range of roles available within primary care in Essex and highlighted funding opportunities."
You may also want to watch:
Two more Essex Primary Care Skills Show and Job Fairs are taking place in Harlow at the Park Inn Radisson on Tuesday, May 14, and Chelmsford at the County Hotel on Tuesday, May 22.
If you are interested in attending a fair register HERE
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 9 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan