Essex: Priti Patel MP backs efforts to build trade links with India
- Credit: Archant
Witham MP Priti Patel, the Prime Minister’s UK-India Diaspora Champion, has backed better trade links between Essex and India.
She was delivering the keynote speech at a Doing Business in India event held in her constituency at Marks Tey and organised by the Essex Chambers of Commerce and the UK India Business Council (UKIBC).
“New opportunities are opening up in India for overseas investors and exporters to take advantage of,” she said. “I want to see firms from Essex at the forefront of that charge securing deals and trade with India. Events like this one will help firms learn more about entering the Indian market place and how to trade there.
“India is a growing market with the fastest growing working age population and middle class of any other major economy. They want access to the world’s best goods and services and Essex can deliver these in abundance. The new Government elected in India is eager to increase trade and the world-beating reputation of businesses in Essex should mean that they are well-placed to trade more with India.”
She added: “Firms from Essex, assisted by the outstanding Chambers of Commerce, are already breaking new ground by trading with new markets, such as Burma, and the shared entrepreneurial spirit that exists between Essex and India will reap economic benefits for us all.”
You may also want to watch:
Denise Rossiter chief executive of Essex Chambers of Commerce, said: “I was delighted that Priti was able to be our keynote speaker at this event highlighting opportunities for businesses of all sizes in the important markets of India. Our International Trade Team will be happy to work with any business who wishes to take advantage of Doing Business in India.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket