Essex: Record year of investment for office space group Regus
- Credit: Archant
Office space provider Regus today reported a 23% increase in annual revenue to £1.534billion following a record year of investment.
Operating profit for 2013 was 1% ahad at £90.8million, despite the impact of investment totalling £301.1m, although increased interest charges left the pre-tax total 4% lower at £81.5m.
Operating profits at the group’s mature centres rose 33% while its newer sites also performed in line with expectations.
Regus founder and chief executive Mark Dixon, who was born in Essex where his early ventures including running sandwich, hot dog and burger buns businesses, said: “It’s been another record year of achievement for Regus, with strong progress made across all parts of the business.”
“Group revenue was up 23%, following a 30% increase in the size of our global network to 1,831 business centre locations, an unprecedented rate of growth and investment, which included the successful integration of MWB.
You may also want to watch:
“Our mature business remains the engine room of the group and it delivered operating profits in excess of £205m, a 33% increase, alongside free cash flow of £157m. This strong performance from our mature business allowed us to reinvest in growth, so ensuring the incremental returns of the future.”
Mr Dixon added: “At this early point in the year it is always somewhat difficult to predict precisely how many locations we will add, but we expect at least 300 new business centre locations as well as the addition of more third place locations.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 8 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
“Current trading is good, although the strengthening of sterling in recent months will affect the translation of our results. Notwithstanding this, we remain confident in our business model and our prospects for the year ahead.”
The Regus portfolio of business centres within the eastern region includes two in Mr Dixon’s home county of Essex, in Chelmsford and Brentwood, and others in Cambridge and Norwich.