Essex: Roadshow events to help businesses access funding for growth
- Credit: Archant
Ten free-of-charge roadshow events are to be held around Essex to help businesses to access vital funding for growth.
The events form part of Essex County Council’s Essex Innovation Programme and are being in run in partnership with other local councils.
Building on the success of a series of workshops held earlier this year, the aim is to engage with businesses to understand their funding needs, give an overview of the funding that is available and introduce businesses to partners and organisations which can offer further assistance and advice.
Businesses will also have the chance to find out more about the Essex Innovation Programme, a business mentoring programme that helps businesses to suitably prepare for and to make funding applications.
Kevin Bentley, Essex County Council deputy leader and cabinet member for economic growth, said: “There are millions of pounds of funding available out there, but it’s sometimes difficult knowing how to get a share of it.
“These workshops have proved extremely helpful in the past to businesses in Essex, and I hope this autumn series will result in a new tranche of funding for businesses in the county.”
David Cunliffe, director Maldon-based DCE Motorsports, who attended one of the Essex Innovation Programme workshops earlier in the year, said: “The event showed that for us as an SME that there is clearly funding available. So we’re here to find out more and drill down into what we can do and see the possibilities.”
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 8 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 9 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 10 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
Venues and dates arranged so far are include: Thurrock, Tuesday, September 23; Colchester, Tuesday, October 7 (as part of the Essex Chambers of Commerce “Discovering Business in Colchester” Exhibition); Uttlesford, Monday, October 15; Maldon, Thursday October 23; Brentwood, Monday, October 29; Southend, Rochford and Castle Point, Thursday, November 6; Tendring, Tuesday, November 11; Chelmsford and Maldon, Wednesday, November 12; Basildon, Thursday, November 20; and
Braintree, Friday, November 24.
For full details and to register for any of these events, visit www.Investessex.co.uk/events.