Essex: Roadshow events to help businesses access funding for growth
- Credit: Archant
Ten free-of-charge roadshow events are to be held around Essex to help businesses to access vital funding for growth.
The events form part of Essex County Council’s Essex Innovation Programme and are being in run in partnership with other local councils.
Building on the success of a series of workshops held earlier this year, the aim is to engage with businesses to understand their funding needs, give an overview of the funding that is available and introduce businesses to partners and organisations which can offer further assistance and advice.
Businesses will also have the chance to find out more about the Essex Innovation Programme, a business mentoring programme that helps businesses to suitably prepare for and to make funding applications.
Kevin Bentley, Essex County Council deputy leader and cabinet member for economic growth, said: “There are millions of pounds of funding available out there, but it’s sometimes difficult knowing how to get a share of it.
You may also want to watch:
“These workshops have proved extremely helpful in the past to businesses in Essex, and I hope this autumn series will result in a new tranche of funding for businesses in the county.”
David Cunliffe, director Maldon-based DCE Motorsports, who attended one of the Essex Innovation Programme workshops earlier in the year, said: “The event showed that for us as an SME that there is clearly funding available. So we’re here to find out more and drill down into what we can do and see the possibilities.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
Venues and dates arranged so far are include: Thurrock, Tuesday, September 23; Colchester, Tuesday, October 7 (as part of the Essex Chambers of Commerce “Discovering Business in Colchester” Exhibition); Uttlesford, Monday, October 15; Maldon, Thursday October 23; Brentwood, Monday, October 29; Southend, Rochford and Castle Point, Thursday, November 6; Tendring, Tuesday, November 11; Chelmsford and Maldon, Wednesday, November 12; Basildon, Thursday, November 20; and
Braintree, Friday, November 24.
For full details and to register for any of these events, visit www.Investessex.co.uk/events.