Essex: South East Glavanizers lands Tesco filling stations order
AN Essex business is helping retail giant Tesco keep its petrol station forecourts in pristine condition.
Witham-based South East Galvanizers, part of Wedge Group Galvanizing, has supplied a special paint to signage manufacturer ASG for use on steel gantries installed at the forecourts of every Tesco fuel station in the country.
The project involved 600 individual steel frames being “hot dipped” galvanized to protect them from corrosion, and then coated using a specifically formulated paint called Galvacoat.
Mark Endsleigh, commercial support manager at South East Galvanizers, saidd: “As sole supplier of Galvacoat in the UK, we were delighted to be able to help out on this project.
“Using standard paints on treated steel is highly ineffective as they will peel or flake within a very short period of time, requiring continual reapplication.
“The particular product that we supplied to ASG for use on Tesco’s forecourt gantries is unique in that it completely adheres to steel that has been galvanized, and will retain its original colour over many, many years.”
Eden Heath, technical director at ASG, added: “As well as being asked specifically by Tesco to galvanize the steel for the gantries, the client also required them to be painted white to fit in with their brand.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 5 Revealed: The wealthiest people in East Anglia on the Sunday Times Rich List
- 6 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 7 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 8 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
“We would like to say a huge thank you to South East Galvanizing for providing a fantastic service, and product, and knowing that the gantries will be protected from the natural elements for years to come is a great comfort.”