Essex/Suffolk: Motorcycles Direct acquires Colchester Kawasaki dealership
REGIONAL motorcycle dealership Colchester Kawasaki has been acquired by leading UK Kawasaki dealer Motorcycles Direct.
The Colchester dealership, which has been established for more than 25 years, includes an extensive Kawasaki Motocross department and race team, and is home to the official Kawasaki BSB (British Superbike) Racing Team – MSS Colchester Kawasaki.
Motorcycles Direct is the group brand name for Lloyd Cooper Motorcycles Ltd and Lids Direct Ltd, Lloyd Cooper claims to be the oldest motorcycle dealership in the UK, having been trading from the same site in Watford, Hertforedshire, more than than 110 years, and is a past winner of awards including MCN Dealer of the Year and Rider Power dealer awards.
Colchester Kawasaki has been involved in British racing for more than 20 years and supports not only professional racers but also up-and-coming young racers Danny Buchan, aged 19, racing in the National Superstock 1000 cup, and Mason Law, aged 17, racing in the National Ninja 250 cup.
Luke Gregory, managing director of the Motorcycles Direct group, said: “2012 will be an exciting year with lots of events planned. It is the beginning of a new era for Lloyd Cooper, Colchester Kawasaki and Lids Direct Ltd and will be a time to really progress everything that we do.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Due to the recession, petrol prices rising and people really feeling the pinch when it comes to transport, motorcycles are a fantastic alternative to driving a car or even public transport. With so many bikes not only outperforming cars, but achieving 70-80 mpg while doing it, and scooters reaching up to and over 100 mpg, no wonder so many are turning to two wheels.
“Add to that the bonus of not only costing less to purchase, being easier to park, having cheaper tax, insurance, contributing to a much faster commute time and having minimal impact on the environment, motorcycling is a fast growing industry.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
Gavin Sturgess, relationship director for corporate banking at Barclays said: “The addition of Colchester Kawasaki to the group further enhances their reputation as the Kawasaki dealership of choice in the region.
“As valued clients since 1999, we are pleased to have supported the group during the acquisition and look forward to working closely with Luke and Motorcycles Direct during this exciting time.”