Essex/ Suffolk: University of Essex to host networking workshop
- Credit: Archant
Businesses from Essex and Suffolk are being offered a free workshop to improve their networking skills.
The session is being run on Wednesday, February 19 by the School of Law at the University of Essex in partnership with Nick Looby from Feet on the Ground, based in Chelmsford.
Nick will explain the simple steps you can take to making the most of your time in front of others and maximising the effectiveness of each and every interaction you have, which can spell the difference between success and failure.
The practical workshop will be followed by the chance to practise your skills in a safe environment with both students and other businesses.
People of all ages and career stages are welcome with opportunities for those new to networking to learn, experience networkers to offer support and for all to building their network.
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at 6pm with registration starting at 5.45pm. The workshop will be followed by open networking then a follow-up training session to see how participants are getting on, followed by some more tips and then more time to practise.
The university is particularly keen to hear from businesses interested in employing law graduates in the future, either due to their legal expertise or their wider skills.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
For full details and to register, email Ann Ord at firstname.lastname@example.org .